If you miss your postpaid bill payment, you could face a lot of difficulties in the short term. Some telecom operators will carry forward your unpaid dues to the next month and then charge a hefty late payment fee on the unpaid bill amount. Other service providers, on the other hand, will simply disconnect your number after a point in time, temporarily halting your life as you know it. But, you most certainly do not have to face the horrors that come with missing a postpaid bill payment as there are ways in which you could avoid such a scenario.
Here are five ways in which you can avoid missing your postpaid bill payments:
- Set reminders:- Unarguably, the easiest way in which you can ensure timely postpaid bill payments is by setting reminders around the due date in your mobile. To make sure that you do not miss a single postpaid bill payment, you can set recurring reminders for every month as well. That way, you never forget to pay your bills on time and your life will go on as usual.
- Use payment apps:- There are several apps in today’s day and age that allow you to pay your bills from wherever you are with the help of a few taps on your screen. One of the best features of these apps is that it will notify you about your upcoming postpaid bill payment a few days prior to the bill-generation date. All you will need to do is pay your bill through one of these apps once. After that, the app will remind you about your future postpaid bills ahead of time on their own.
Some of the apps which come with such a feature built in are as follows:
- Airtel Thanks
- Set up direct debit:- If you lead a fairly busy life and just do not have the time to keep track of your postpaid bill due date, one simple way to ensure that your bill is paid on time is by setting up a direct debit. Telecom providers such as Airtel allow you to set up a direct debit through their proprietary app itself. After you do the same, the merchant, in this case, the telecom provider, will directly debit the due amount from your bank account once the bill comes due.
- Pay your bills on payday:- It is a good practice to take care of your upcoming dues, such as mobile bill payments on the very day you get your salary. Like that, you will be able to avoid a scenario of missing your bill payment. But, before you do that, you must check your bill generation date and then take a call accordingly.
- Write it on a piece of paper and stick it somewhere: An old school way of keeping track of your postpaid bill payments is by actually writing it on a sticky note and sticking it at a location where your eyes travel often. That way, there will be very little to zero chances of you letting your postpaid bill payment date slip by.
You must make it a habit to pay your postpaid bills on time. Failure to do so can cause serious harm to your financial health. A lesser known fact is that late postpaid bill payments can also affect your credit score and, as a consequence, the chances of you getting a loan in the future. Hence, you must avoid such a scenario with the help of the above-mentioned tips.