Travelling abroad can be done for business, pleasure, or education. The loss of luggage or a passport, a medical emergency, or a flight cancellation happens frequently when people travel. When this happens, a bajaj allianz travel insurance coverage can help by offering financial security against risks and losses incurred while travelling.
Travel insurance: What is It?
The costs and damage related to domestic and international travel are covered by travel insurance. It covers financial loss due to various unanticipated occurrences that one typically tries to ignore while arranging the holiday or a trip, such as theft, passing away, medical problems, lost luggage, flight delays, etc.
Travel Insurance Types
The forms of travel insurance available for purchase when travelling are as follows *:
- Student travel insurance: Students who are going abroad for school have access to medical and financial assistance through the student travel insurance programme. This programme provides the benefits of travel insurance to students who have sudden medical or financial difficulties while studying abroad.
- Domestic travel insurance: You can purchase domestic travel insurance if you are travelling within India. With this plan, one is covered for medical emergencies, lost luggage, flight delays, and trip cancellations, among other things.
- Family travel insurance: All of the policyholder’s immediate family members may purchase family travel insurance.
- Senior citizen travel insurance: This all-inclusive package is designed to make travelling easier for persons 61 to 70 years of age. It offers protection for pre-existing conditions, medical services, and healthcare facilities.
- Group travel insurance: You can get a party travel insurance plan if your group size is 20 or more.
What is covered by travel insurance?
Varying providers receive different levels of insurance coverage. The following are the most frequent benefits covered by bajaj allianz travel insurance policies:
- Loss of personal belongings and luggage
- Passport misplaced
- Unexpected medical costs
- Returning human remains home
- Hospital cash reimbursement
- Accidental passing away or total disability for life
- Sabotage the distress allowance
- Compassionate family members’ visit
- Personal responsibilities in the event of third-party harm or loss
- Travel delay and missed connection
Inform bajaj allianz international travel insurance by phone or email if there is a crisis while you are travelling. Use the insurance company’s contact information, such as a toll-free number or the email address listed on the policy document, to get in touch with them. *
Documents required for claims processing
Different sets of documentation would be required in various circumstances. In order for the insurance company to handle claims, a number of important papers must be provided, including:
- The original boarding pass or ticket
- A copy of the passport with the dates of travel
- Demand Form
- Original receipts, bills, and vouchers
- Medical invoices with prescriptions, authentic admission/discharge cards, and doctor’s consultation notes are required for medical claims.
- Emergency travel authorization plus a copy of a new passport (in case of loss of passport)
- Information on any compensation given by airlines (in case of loss of checked baggage)
- Message from policyholder outlining the cause for the trip’s cancellation
- Copy of a cancelled check
The scenarios and cases that you can encounter when travelling are not all covered by international travel insurance online. If the claim has been filed due to one of the following circumstances, the insurance will not be obligated to pay:
- Health issues that are already present
- Radiation poisoning
- Fatal sports accidents
- Self-inflicted harm
- Using a vehicle that isn’t authorised to transport people
- Surgery costs, unless they resulted from an accident
- If not notified within 24 hours of the incident, lost luggage
- Loss of some of your checked baggage
- Pregnancy-related medical emergencies, such as abortion or miscarriage
- War break-out claims
- Medical emergency brought on by alcohol use
- Claiming alternative medicine to allopathy
- Indian businesses that provide travel insurance
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.